Friday, July 22, 2005

7-20-05 High Tide

Another trip from Bailey's Creek to the Grand Hotel at Great Point Clear. It was a beautiful day, (again no gator) and the water was as smooth as glass. It was right at High tide as I left the
creek and began to paddle North towards the point. My Old Town Loon cut almost effortlessly through the smooth waters and I was overwhelmed by reflections of the clouds on the bay.

I paddled all the way to the point then I began paddling west until I was about halfway out to the point Clear Marker (located about 1 1/2 miles from the point). I then turned south and paddled until I was even with Baileys Creek. After resting a bit and admiring the reflections of the clouds on the water , I headed back east towards Bailey's Creek. After reaching the creek I propped my

feet up on the deck of the kayak and let the current take me gently downstream to "Blind Dog" Mikes house and the end of the days adventure. This is the farthest I have gone so far. Mike and I looked on the charts and calculated that I paddled 7 miles in 2 hours. That's an average of 3 1/2 miles per hour. Not too bad for a novice. God gave me a beautiful

day in which to enjoy His beauty and creation. Glad you could come along for the ride.






(for those who have asked here is a pic of the "Old Town Loon" kayak I am paddling).



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so cool, like so much else I have seen and heard you do in your life. Listening to you talk about it, and now reading it, has me thinking about Perdido Bay. I live not far from the North end of it. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home