Friday, July 22, 2005

7-22-05 Bailey's Creek to Grand Hotel Marina

Today was a good paddle. I had a slight breeze out of the Northwest which caused a little chop in the bay.

(making my way to Great Point Clear)

I paddled north to Great Point Clear and then further around the point to the Grand Hotel Marina. I took a little rest break there and visited with some folks on the dock.
After my rest I headed back out into the bay and then south till I was due west of Bailey's Creek. Then turned east and made it safely back to Mike's. It was a good workout and again I was overwhelmed by the experience.

( The Grand Hotel Marina)

"Solo Arctic Paddler, Robert Perkins, once wrote that a trip was not about the places he passed, how many miles he paddled, or what he did each day. These were just the details of the trip. For him, the trip was what happened between these facts."
(from "The Why of Wilderness Trips" by Glen Stedham in the June/July issue of Wavelength Magazine)


so...our thought for the day , after such a good paddle, is:
"It's not about the destination.....it's all about the ride." --Melanie Brown

May your ride today be smooth and may you have the wind at your back.
Hope to see you here next trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home