Sunday, July 31, 2005

7-29-05 Bailey's Creek to Great Point Clear




It was kind of a hot and hazy morning when I left Mike's house. It was, however, a new day and a new adventure. I let my kayak slowly drift down Bailey's Creek and just enjoyed the sounds all around me. As I made my way out into the Mobile Bay I was confronted with several Pelicans sitting on an old damaged pier. They let me get pretty close before flying off.
I paddled on through the haze towards the Grand. The water was a little bit choppy with about a 5 knot wind out of the north west. As I reached Great Point Clear, "Blind Dog" Mike came by me in his fishin' boat looking for a place to locate a little supper.
Otherwise, The trip was somewhat uneventful...but the workout was wonderful and as always the Bay left me in awe of the greatness of creation. All in all...it was, again, a very good trip.
Glad you could come along.

( a photo of myself .... out on the Bay )

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like SUCH a great experience... not to mention the exercise. What a peaceful endeavor!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

How far can one paddle up Bailey's Creek?

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home