Wednesday, August 10, 2005

8-6-05 Tracy's First Kayak Trip

This was a perfect day for going out on the Mobile Bay. My friend, Tracy, had never been in a Kayak so I rented a Pungo 140 from my good friends at Fairhope Boat Company. I went out in the Pungo and Tracy used the Old Town Loon. We left out of Bailey's Creek , again no gator...(Tracy said that she was very glad of that), and went out into the Bay.








left: a pic of me in the Pungo on Bailey's CreeK . right: My friend, Tracy, On the Mobile Bay )

The water was very calm with just a few small waves. There was about a 5 knot wind out of the North. The temp. was very comfortable. We started North towards the Grand at Great point Clear. I didn't think that we would get quite that far, since it was her first time out, however, We made it all the way to Zundels (about halfway) and then turned west and paddled out about a mile from the eastern shore. Then we took a very leisurely trip back south. A lot of the time we just let the currents carry us and just enjoyed being out on the water. When we were due east of Bailey's Creek we made our way back to East and into the creek. I figure we traveled about 5 miles which was very good for Tracy's First Adventure. We were out on the bay for about 2 1/2 hours. Tracy had a blast...as did I. Thank you for coming along with us on this trip. I am already looking forward to the next one...hope you will come along with us next time. Have a blessed day, and don't forget to look for the adventures all around you.
"Life...the greatest adventure you will ever be on." - - unknown

( two more pics of Tracy out in the Old Town Loon Kayak on the Mobile Bay.)

1 Comments:

Blogger brint said...

Greg,
You might be ready for the five mile trip out to Middle Bay Lighthouse, while the bay is calm. It should be close to due west out of Bailey's Creek. Let me know if you are interested.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home