Saturday, January 12, 2008

1-9-08 Cloudy Sunset

First of all I have to say that I found it to be completely amazing that it was 71 degrees in January......wow !!! I could not help but go out in my little Featherlite.....There were some storm clouds starting to roll in out of the west when I put in at the Fairhope Pier Park. I had planned to paddle to Fly Creek and back but i decided to stay close because of the clouds... Since it was about 4pm I thought that a sunset might be cool through the clouds. ... so... with that in mind I paddled out about 1/2 mile and watched the show...

I have to tell you that it was a beautiful day on the water. The bay was clear and smooth. The wind was blowing at about 4 or 5 knots out of the southeast. It was amazing... as I sat there and enjoyed the pelicans flying and the seagulls swirling I thought to myself what a wonderful life we have and what a beautiful place that we live... I do love this bay....From the first moment I laid eyes on it and from the first sunset I saw from the Eastern Shore I was hooked..... And this sunset was breathtaking.. as I sat there in my little 9.5 kayak..... mother nature put on a show and I was once again awed by her glory and by her beauty....

As the sun was going down , and I was loading my kayak back onto my van.. I took one last look across the darkening bay........ and sighed.......till next time..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home