Friday, January 25, 2008

1-25-08 cold day / new boat

I can't believe that I went out on the Bay today... but I couldn't help myself. I have been so in love with my new Heritage Featherlite 9.5 and I was given the opportunity to buy a used Featherlite 12'. I needed to try it out so.... out on the choppy bay I went.. It was about 46 degrees and the wind was out of the north at about 8 knots..... brrrrr.

I have to say that this little boat is just as amazing as her little sister (the 9.5). Even though the bay was very choppy and the wind was blowing this kayak tracked wonderfully !! It was really stable and gave me a fun ride... I took her out about 1/2 mile and then went about a mile north towards Fly Creek then back to the Fairhope Pier. All in all, a really good paddle (though it was short and cold..). Without question.... I Am Buying This Boat !!!!

Till the next adventure I will leave you with the words from http://www.thekayakguy.com :
"Travel Light and leave a small wake." Till next time.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home